Restful Pump, Inc. Privacy Notice
Effective Date: Oct, 29, 2022 This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) of Restful Pump®, Inc. (“Restful Pump®,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) describes Restful Pump’s privacy practices in connection with personal information we collect online (e.g., through our websites and mobile apps), and offline (e.g., at our events) (collectively, the “Services”). This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal information we collect, how we may use and share the information, the privacy choices and rights that you may have with respect to our handling of personal information about you, and how you can contact us if you have any questions, requests, or concerns. Please carefully review this Privacy Notice. By using our Services, including the domain restfulpump.com (the “Website”), you acknowledge that you accept the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Personal Data“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, or an online identifier. You may use many of our Services without providing any Personal Data, however in some instances we may request that you provide certain Personal Data to facilitate certain Services. In such instances we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store Personal Data to the extent necessary for certain business purposes as detailed in this Privacy Notice.
Personal Data We CollectWhen accessing or interacting with our Services, you may be asked to provide us with certain Personal Data. For example, in order to access certain portions of our Website or request information about our products, you may be asked to provide your contact information. The Personal Data we collect about you depends on the particular products and services we provide to you. We may collect and use the following Personal Data:
- Contact information, such as name, institution/company and department, email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Additional information you may provide to us at your discretion.
How We Collect Personal InformationWe may collect Personal Data from various sources, including: Information Provided By You
- You provide Restful Pump® with some of the Personal Data we collect– in person, by telephone, text, email, or through our website. We collect and process Personal Data you provide us with Personal Data, such as your name and contact details, and the content, date, and time of our communications via a contact form, email, or other means
- URLs that refer users to our websites
- Search terms used to reach our websites
- Details about the devices that are used to access our websites (such as IP address, browser type, and operating system information)
- Details about users’ interaction with our websites (such as the date, time, frequency, and length of visits, specific content and pages accessed and buttons clicked during the visits, and information provided by you, including email addresses)
- The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information settings in the browser. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website or certain aspects of our Website may not function properly. For more information on how to disable cookies, please visit your internet browser’s “help” menu or you can visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies. Please note that not all tracking will stop even if you delete cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single- pixel gifs) that permit us to, among other things, count visitors who have visited those pages and for other related Website statistics.
- Consent. You may have consented to the use of your Personal Data, for example to send you electronic marketing communications or for the use of certain cookies. Consent can be withdrawn at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
- Contract. We need your Personal Data to provide you with our Services, to complete your requested transactions, and to respond to your inquiries.
- Legal. We may also process your Personal Data when necessary to protect your or another individual’s vital interests. We may use your Personal Data as reasonably necessary to assess and ensure compliance with applicable laws, legal requirements, and company policies; to protect our assets or to investigate or defend against any claims of illegality or wrongdoing (including to obtain legal advice or to establish, exercise or defend legal rights); and in response to a court order or judicial or other government subpoena or warrant.
- Legitimate Interest. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Data, such as preventing fraud or promoting our events and programs. We only rely on this legal basis when such legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Providing Services, including to operate, maintain, support, and provide our Services. This may include but is not limited to:
- Send you information that you request about our products
- Fulfill, manage and send you information about your orders
- Offer and administer promotions, sweepstakes, and other contests
- Provide and manage accounts
- Communicating with You, including to contact you for administrative purposes (e.g., to provide services and information that you request or to respond to comments and questions) or to send you marketing communications, including updates on events, programs, and other offerings, and newsletters, articles, announcements, invitations and other information about concerts, programs, classes and events, and other information relating to services or benefits offered by us that may be of interest to you. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in communications and promoting our organization with our members, patrons, and participants, and the performance of a contract or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract.
- Personalization, including to customize our website and Services to you and provide you with the most relevant marketing and advertisingmaterials. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in customizing our Services and promoting our organization with existing and former members, patrons, and participants and the performance of a contract or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract.
- Analytics and Product Development, including to analyze usage trends and preferences in order to improve our Services, our communications and strategies, and to develop new products, services, and features. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in improving our Services or your consent, where applicable.
- Aggregation. We may aggregate, de-identify or anonymize Personal Data and use the resulting information for statistical analysis, product and service development, improvement activities, or other purposes. The legal basis for this processing is to improve our Services and be as efficient as we can to deliver the best Services to you.
- Administrative and Legal, such as to address administrative issues or to defend our legal rights and to comply with our legal obligations and internal policies as permitted by law or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in the protection and assertion of our legal rights and those of a third party and our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Security. We may process your Personal Data for securing our environment and the Personal Data we process and to protect against, identify, respond to, and prevent fraudulent and illegal activity. The legal basis for this processing is to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and our legitimate interest in ensuring the security of our environment and in minimizing fraud that could be damaging for you and us.
- Consent. For other purposes where you have given consent.
- How We Disclose Personal Data
- Service Providers. We may disclose your Personal Data to our contractors, service providers, and other partners (including without limitation, hosting and platform providers), who support our Services or perform services on our behalf.
- Sale or Transfer. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties: (i) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and (ii) in connection with a merger or other acquisition or if substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Aggregated Information. We may use and disclose aggregated or otherwise anonymized information for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
- Contacting us at email@example.com; or
- Using the “unsubscribe” link in emails
- Access. You may ask us to provide you with a copy of the Personal Data we maintain about you, including a machine-readable copy of the Personal Data that you have directly provided to us, and request certain information about its processing.
- Rectification. You may ask us to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data. You also may ask us to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- Erasure. You may ask to have your Personal Data anonymized or deleted, under certain conditions.
- Restrict Processing. You may request that Restful Pump® restrict the processing of your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
- Object to Processing. You may object to Restful Pump’s processing of your Personal Data, under certain conditions.
- Data Portability. You may request that Restful Pump® transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- Consent Withdrawal. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Data at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
- Right Not to Be Subject to Automated Individual Decision-Making. You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.